Nachos are a dinner staple at our house. I use them as a vessel to take advantage of whatever leftovers I have in the fridge (within reason). For this recipe I happened to have leftover sloppy joe meat. I made the batch with this recipe. http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/easy-crock-pot-sloppy-joes/
it was delicious, easy, and made quite a lot! Making extra of one recipe with the intention of repurposing it for another recipe is a great way to minimize cooking overload during the week.
These Nachos take 10 minutes or less to throw together! No joke!
What you will need:
- Bag of tortilla chips (any kind you like)
- 2 Cups sloppy joe meat mixture.
- 1 Cup Corn
- 3 green onions (whites and greens sliced)
- 8 oz. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, cheddar jack, mozzarella, mild cheddar, taco blend) you can use whatever you have or a combination of several. Sometimes I have small amounts of cheese in several bags. I just throw it all on there if I think it will go with the flavor profile.
- Additional options: diced tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, or diced red onion
***turn on your broiler
- You cannot mess this up. Nachos are, literally, messy so don’t sweat it.
- I use a sheet pan (more surface area for maximum topping coverage per nacho) covered with parchment (easy clean-up).
- Cover the pan with tortilla chips. I usually use close to the entire bag for my family. We definitely have leftovers, but my husky takes them to work for lunch.
- Add the additional toppings in any order (except the cheese): sloppy joe mix, corn, & green onions.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place the pan under the broiler and keep an eye on it! Mine usually are ready in 2-3 minutes.
I served a tomato, avacado, & mango salad as a side. Look for the full recipe this week!