I know clean eating is all the rage but I just can’t give up my good, old-fashioned, Chips & Dip. What can I say? I’m a child of the 80’s and this is what snack food was made of growing up. I just cant fight the urge to satisfy my feelings of nostalgia with a Friday or Saturday night, a good movie, the kids in bed, my sweet husband by my side, and chips and dip. I’m not a fancy girl. This really does it for me!
Usually this is what happens. I have a lot of chips and pretzels on hand. Especially pretzels because I eat them, literally, every day! I am really loving the new Gluten Free “From The Ground UP’ pretzels made with cauliflower. And I cant resist the classic plain potato chip. I also found some Coconut Thai Curry chips that taste like an actual meal. These suckers are DANGEROUS!!! But SOOOO worth it! Glad I took a picture BEFORE I made the dip because they are gone now…Don’t judge.
So this dip is so simple and 100% worth the investment with Penzeys. I got the 1.8 oz jar for $4.59 and there is plenty for many more batches of chip dip to come. Even at my rate of chips & dip consumption.
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (I used light sour cream)
- 2 tsp. Penzeys Chip & Dip Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Penzeys Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Horseradish Powder
- Measure all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Stir well
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Quite possibly he longest hour of your life…I know, but it’s worth it. It’s actually better after several hours, but an our will do. If you get ambitious and have foresight about your snacking needs for later whip a batch of this dip up in the morning.
Other Ideas: Because I know you aren’t exactly like me.
- If you have guests going over spruce this up with some fresh herbs: Dill, Chives, Thyme, or Parsley would be lovely. Or maybe some fresh sliced scallions on top. So Pretty.
- If you don’t like horseradish don’t add it. Maybe try something else you love: Chipotle Powder, Hot Sauce, Smoked Paprika, Worcestershire Sauce, shredded cheese, Bacon, or Buffalo Sauce. The possibilities are endless.
- If you aren’t a chip fan mix it up: Pretzels, tortillas, veggies, or fries.
Savor the Double Dip (If you aren’t sharing),