I am finding myself going down this path again, and I gotta say, I’m loving every mouth-watering second. Yep, you guessed it I’m at it with the nachos AGAIN!!! My inspiration is simple. I love wing sauce and all the things that go with wings: Blue Cheese, Ranch, Celery, and Buffalo Sauce, but I’m not a huge fan of the actual chicken wing. I had a craving for ‘All things wings,’ and needed to find the right food medium to pave the path to ‘All things wings’ deliciousness.
Of course, my gut (literally) brought to my nacho roots. This is my happy spot and tortilla chip has become the vehicle that drives all this gluten free goodness into my mouth!!! Even if you aren’t gluten free these are gonna knock your socks off and satisfy ANY wing craving…and nacho craving, so Win. Win.
When I put these together I don’t have time to roast some chicken breast, no rotisserie chicken on hand, and canned chicken wasn’t the right call for this recipe either. I decided to go ground. It’s easy to brown ground chicken up and its reminiscent of taco-like meat which tops most Mexican inspired nachos. I DID NOT make the wrong choice!! Wait until you taste these!
With a quick meat-making process these nachos come together in no time. You are eating dinner or satisfying a late night craving in 15 minutes or less.
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- One Bag Tortilla Chips (I use gluten free )
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped greens & whites)
- 2 Stalks of Celery (Small Dice)
- 2Tbs. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 2 -3 oz. Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Drizzle of Ranch Dressing (About 1/4 – 1/3 of a Cup)
- 1/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce (Gluten Free)
- 1 Cup Monteray Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the ground chickening a sauté pan until browned. You can prep the other ingredients while the chicken is cooking.
- Once the chicken is browned add the butter and buffalo sauce. Mix until sauce is incorporated and butter is melted.
I can’t even stand it right now!!! I want to eat these again, but dinner has already been cooked tonight. No worries, they will reappear on my dinner table soon enough! I hope they make an appearance on your table this week!
Eat Like It’s Friday,