It’s getting to be summer. In Cleveland that means it’s above 70 degrees. We cook-out as many chances as we can get when the weather is nice. Even it is raining. Nothing beats the taste of good-old grilled out food! And nothing beats not having a lot of mess in the kitchen!
This recipe has been in my family for years and it still brings back memories of my childhood. My grandma would serve this at almost every summer party and it was her dish to be counted on at potlucks. I added my own twist, but, don’t worry, grandma’s cucumber salad-love is still ever-present.
You can bring this dish as your own potluck contribution and look like a superstar or serve it on your own dinner table and, either way, it’s a guaranteed home run!
I specialize in bringing the gluten free world delicious eats without a humungous price tag. This salad fits the bill! Even if you aren’t trying to cut financial corners no one will know you scored a great a bargain in a bowl!
- 2 English Cucumbers (the kind you don’t have to peel. Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Vidalia or Sweet Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill (You can use dried, but I suggest not comprising on this part. It’s my added touch and it really brings the freshness of summer out)
- 1/2 Cup Full-Fat Sour Cream (I’d recommend using full-fat sour cream because the cucumbers are rich with water the sour cream will naturally thin out to make the sauce. If you use a low fat/calorie version your sauce will get too watery & Grandma doesn’t like watery sauce).
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder.
- In a medium bowl (These Stainless Steel bowls work great) combine the cucumber, onion, dill, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix in the sour cream until everything is coated.
- Chill & enjoy!
If you get tired of this Cucumber Creation try one of my other potluck side-dishes that are perfect for a Summer BBQ :
I promise you won’t be disappointed!!!