Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means I may earn commission should you use my link to make a purchase. This link will not increase your Amazon cost or affect your purchase in any way.
It’s pretty much safe to say I have a slight nacho addiction. I won’t apologize because life is short and I’m more of a “eat nachos’ kind of girl than an ‘eat cake’ kind of girl…Although…cake…hmmm…Life is ALSO too short to have to decide between nacho and cake love!
My latest nacho creation came from some leftover red cabbage hanging out in my fridge. I knew I wanted to make it into a meal, and was immediately inspired by the idea of a pulled pork sandwich with some good old Carolina Slaw piled on top! This combination speaks to me these days because I rarely enjoy a pulled pork sandwich at a restaurant now that I’m gluten free.
In my own kitchen life I strive to make things delicious, homemade, and healthy…This dish breaks a couple of those rules, but what fun is life, especially life in the kitchen if you don’t break a couple rules once in a while? I guarantee this dish gets one of my rules right…IT IS DELICIOUS and will very little prep dinner is on the table in 20 minutes or less!!!
- Gluten Free ready-made Pulled Pork (this is what makes this recipe so easy)
- 1/2 Head Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Smoke Almonds ( I used Blue Diamond Smoke House Almonds)
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Carolina BBQ Sauce (use your favorite – this also makes this recipe very simple & easy- Simple Girl Organic BBQ Sauces are all gluten free)
- 1 Bag Gluten Free Tortilla Chips
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped w/ whites & greens)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (mild or sharp based on your preference)
- Prepare the slaw: Add the shredded cabbage, chopped almond, dried cranberries, and Carolina BBQ sauce to a bowl and mix well. Salt/pepper to taste and pop in the fridge while you prep the other ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the tortilla chips evenly on the pan.
- Layer on the pulled pork.
- Add the slaw.
- Don’t mess around – Add ALL of the cheese!!! These are NACHOS!!! And sprinkle the green onions evenly.
- Pop in the broiler for a couple minutes. DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE NACHOS!!! It only take a couple minutes (if that) and if you let it go to long everything will burn!!!
- Top with the chopped cilantro and enjoy!!!
All of the colors in these nachos can’t help but scream FIESTA! Now, sit back, relax, and crack open your beverage of choice. For me its usually water…haha…BORING, I know. But these nachos are far from boring. They brighten up any dinner table and the faces at the table (why I love cooking so much)!!! As you can see I couldn’t even get a picture before my family started digging in! I wouldn’t have it any other way! Eat up & love it!!!
If you want to mix up your nacho nights check out these fun and flavorful combinations!!!
As I say with Nachos…”Eat like it’s Friday any Day of the Week!”