There is nothing easier and more gratifying than opening cans and making something, not only socially acceptable, but also delicious, for any picnic or potluck table! Start to finish this salad only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
This salad has been a family favorite for years. My dad was the cook in our house (for the most part) and this salad is his specialty. Requested many times for large family events! No one has been disappointed yet!
This salad is also great for summer parties because there is no mayonnaise to worry about. Plus, it is a popular item on the buffet table…It doesn’t last long.
You can play with the ingredients based on individual tastes:
- Add garbanzo beans instead of kidney.
- Use French cut green beans to make it fancy.
- Double the wax beans instead of the green beans.
- Add some red pepper flakes if you want some heat.
This recipe can be easily doubled by doubling all ingredients.
Make it ahead of time too! The longer it sits the better it tastes! Win-win!
- 2 Cans Cut Green Beans
- 1 Can Yellow Wax Beans
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 1/2 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Open all the cans of beans, drain, and dump into a large bowl (I love my Pyrex bowl set I received as a wedding gift 10 years ago).
- Slice onions in very thin slices and add them to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the vinegars, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper,and Italian seasoning.
- Pour dressing over bean and onions and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until it’s time to serve.