I love this salad. It’s like summer in a bowl. The first time I made it was on vacation at Ocean Isle, NC thirteen years ago. It’s still a staple on our dinner table, and a quick go-to for potlucks.
This salad is simple to throw together and withstands the summer heat at outdoor picnics.
- One Mango (diced)
- 2 green onions – sliced (greens and whites)
- One pint of cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- One avocado (diced).
- 2-3 Tbs. Chopped Cilantro (optional)
***I save the Avocado for right before I serve the salad to prevent oxidation.
For the Dressing:
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp. White Sugar
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the avocado. Let it set in the fridge for about an hour to marinate (its not the end of the world if you don’t have time for this). Everything will be fine!
- Right before serving add the cubed avocado and mix together.
I’m always struggling for Taco and Nacho side dishes and this salad has been added to the rotation several times.
What are some of your go-to taco or nacho sides? I’m always looking for something new to try. Although, I never get tired of this salad.