Guys, this stuff is so easy and so delicious. It’s also a perfect side dish for taco or nacho night dinners. I always struggle with side dishes for Mexican fair dinners and this has become a staple! My Avocado, tomato, mango salad https://kidscooksnbooks.com/2018/12/17/the-best-tomato-avocado-mango-salad/ is also worked into the rotation.
What You Need:
- 2 Steamable Bags of Frozen Corn or 2 (14 oz.) Cans of Corn
- 2-3 tsp. Cilantro (chopped). I used Dorot Gardens Frozen Cilantro (This was a happy accident. I went to Target to get cilantro and they didn’t have fresh. I found this in the freezer section & it worked like a charm).
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Queso Fresco Cheese (crumbled) – you won’t use the whole block of cheese so I throw mine in the freezer & thaw it next time I need it. It still crumbles beautifully.
- 3 Green Onions – Whites and greens (Chopped)
How Do I Do This?
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add both bags or cans of corn to a sautee pan. It doesn’t matter if the corn is frozen…It will melt quickly.
- Once the corn is warm add the scallions, smoked paprika, cilantro, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Mix in the crumbled queso fresco.
- Serve immediately.
This dish is so delicious my husband usually ends up eating three servings! You can also play with the heat in this dish by adding poblanos, jalapeños, or some chipotle powder. I keep the spice out because my son will eat this non-spicy version.