I have been involved in PTA at my children’s school since my son was in kindergarten 5 years ago. The experience has opened my eyes to the level PTA advocates for children. How could you not become a member?
Here are some common MYTHS about being a PTA member:
- I have to volunteer at every event.
- I have to bake every week.
- I am committing myself to every PTA meeting.
NO! NO! NO!
THIS is what being a PTA member REALLY means:
- You are endorsing the PTA board at your school by your monetary support (our school charges a small amount to become a member $8/individual or $12/family. This is all it takes to become recognized as a member of PTA at our school and across the nation.
- This is SO simple but it means SO much to your school’s PTA board.
Added Retailer/Service perks for PTA members:
- Some major retailers have joined forces with PTA and have extended offers to their members (remember, a member is JUST a person who has paid the school PTA membership fee).
- Some retailers include: Good Housekeeping, Hertz, Lenovo, and Office Max. The full list of retailers can be found here:
- Enjoy!!! These perks are not a secret, but most members don’t know they EXIST!!!